Here are some notes on creating an email news shot or newsletter with Mail Chimp. In this example, we have already created a template to use.
Creating a new email campaign:
- Login to mailchimp www.mailchimp.com
- You should now be at the dashboard
- Select create campaign -> regular ol’ campaign
- Select the list you want to use
- Enter details:
- name your campaign
- message subject
- select add Google Analytics
- update from name and reply-to email if required
- Select the template you wish to use
- Edit email:
- update ‘teaser’ area, hover over it & click edit.
(This should be a brief preview/teaser of email contents)
- hover over main email content area & click edit.
- delete ‘Your text goes here.’ And enter your own text.
- don’t edit anything above or below this bit.
(But if you mess it up, don’t worry you haven’t changed the template and at worst, you can start again)
- the suggested normal text is font ‘Arial’, size ‘12’
- click save now
- Make sure plain-text message looks OK.
- Here is your chance to go back to change anything if you want.
- Send Now
And that’s about it.
After the email has been sent and people have had a chance to read it, have a look at the report for this email.
Review the entries that show as ‘bouncing’.
Check your list:
I would suggest you go through the email list you wish to use and where you know the first name, add it.
- where the first name is known the email will start with ‘Hello Fred,’
- where the first name is blank the email will start with ‘Greetings,’
Hope this makes sense. Good luck with your email campaign.